FMIG is committed to providing support for our patients and broader community during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. We will provide a clean and safe environment for all our patients.
In accordance with Government guidelines we have enacted the following measures to ensure adequate social distancing and hygiene practices within our clinics.
- In most cases, the patient takes a seat in the waiting room. Any accompanying person may be asked to wait outside in their car, if required to maintain safe social distancing within the waiting room. This will be advised by the receptionists at the time of arrival.
- You may bring an accompanying person along if you i) are pregnant ii) a child or iii) require a carer.
- Bookings are reduced, preventing waiting room overcrowding.
- Increased spacing between chairs in the waiting areas to promote social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available to use on request.
- If you are coughing, staff may provide you with a mask to wear while waiting for your appointment.
Please inform our staff if :
a) you have had any contact with a COVID-19 patient.
b) or returned from overseas within the last 14 days.
c) or have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
If you suspect that you may have COVID-19 then please call the Victorian Hotline on 1800 675 398.